Policies / Rules:
Information literacy is essential to critical thinking and independent, lifelong learning.
The purpose of the library is to support school and district curriculum, teachers' classrooms, and students' interests.
The library is available to staff and students throughout and beyond the day.
Scheduled visits to the library have a purpose and all activities are supportive of the curriculum.
Classes, small groups, and individuals are scheduled into the library for varying time periods appropriate to need.
Use of the library for activities planned by the teacher and library media specialist has priority.
Student and staff use of the library may be scheduled for activities not needing the library media specialist.
- The library media center is open daily from to , and some days later.
- Books and other circulating materials are checked out for a two-week period with a two-week renewal option.
- There are no fines for overdue books.
- Students with overdue books are not allowed to check out.
- Students in the library are expected to have a purpose and to act responsibly. They will work quietly so as not to disturb others.
- The school-wide code of conduct is enforced.
- Internet access is available, and students are expected to use the resource responsibly.
- The responsible care of books and materials is the responsibility of each student - "treat books as you want to be treated".